Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Second Post of Being Bored

I remember when we were kids. *chuckles*
Me and all the boys from our neighbourhood used to play war all the time. Those were the days. Of course we didn't have heavy machinery or heavy weapons like tanks, rocket launchets, etc. Instead we had knives we used to steal from kitchen, Jimmy had an old Mauser he stole from his father's collection (his father was a drunk and never paid any attention to the kid).
And so we played and played til the bedtime, heck, sometimes even past the bedtime.
I remember this one time a new kid moved to our neighbourhood. Heh! The little dimwit started bragging about his new asian sword he'd got for his birthday. Said it was "the bestest" or some crap like that. Jim shot him right in the face.
Yes... Those were indeed the days. Didn't see Jimmy much after that incident. The new kid's parents ratted us out to Jim's dad and he was sent somewhere away. I never knew where...
Stabbing a kid in the bushes or the smell of fresh blood started to lose it's thrill for me. I was out playing less and less. Later I went to a college and after that I got a job. I even have a wife and two adorable kids now.
Sometimes, when nostalgic, I've tried contacting some of my old friends but... I haven't found anyone. I've tried finding Jim on Facebook but nothing. Maybe he got a knife in the guts in some alleyway just like we used to dream (if that's the case, way to go Jim!). You never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment